Case Study: Elected Officials Need FlashVote
The noisy few
An elected official in Nevada was excited about a new proposal to improve the community’s trash service.
He had heard from lots of citizens by phone, by email and at public meetings. People even came up to him in the grocery store.
Based on all of his data he was confident there was a community consensus. In his own words:
“a majority are in favor and the rest don’t give a crap”
It felt like a no-brainer. But he was smart enough to have FlashVote survey the topic a few days before the vote.
Hearing from the many
The results came in a few hours before the meeting…
- Two-thirds of citizens were AGAINST the changes
- Citizens identified UNKNOWN PROBLEMS with the proposal
- Citizens suggested BETTER ALTERNATIVES
All the self-selected voices had led him astray!
The broader community didn’t see the proposal as an “improvement” at all.
Citizens pointed out several ways the changes would inconvenience everyone. Many were obvious in hindsight, but hadn’t been considered. Some people even made clever suggestions to fix those problems.
The board unanimously rejected the proposal and saved the community over $1,000 per citizen.
A multi-million dollar blunder was prevented with a single FlashVote survey.
How many mistakes could you prevent with a whole year of FlashVote?
Join all the other counties, cities, towns and special districts who have discovered the benefits of FlashVote.
- Have Questions?
- Ready to see more?
- Need pricing?
That’s just one reason elected officials and citizens love FlashVote.
Here are some of the other nice things they have said about us:
love learning what the public actually wants them to do.
- “FlashVote is the best thing to happen in this community in the 30 years I’ve been here.”
- “Fast, simple reliable surveys that we can trust.”
- “A great process.”
- “A dream come true.”
- “I’m really impressed with its capabilities thus far.”
love making their voice heard and helping their governments.
- “This product holds the potential of changing my political affiliation from disgusted to engaged!”
- “The best idea that has come out in years.”
- “I love it.”
- “It was incredibly easy.”
- “FlashVote is great.”
- “That was cool.”
- “I was immediately satisfied.”
- “This is such a wonderful idea.”
- “It’s great to have a forum like this to express our opinions.”
- “I like “Flash Vote”. Makes me feel that our town council cares what I think. Much different from the last 8 years. Please continue.”
- “These are rad!”
- “I really like this survey…:-)”
Goodbye career ending mistakes.
Ready to contact us?